40 accounts of graffiti reported throughout Mount Pleasant
In the past week 40 incidents of graffiti have been reported to the Mount Pleasant Police Department throughout the area east of Mission Street and south of High Street.
Jeff Thompson, MPPD public information officer, said this amount of graffiti is not common in the area.
“Within Mount Pleasant, destruction of property is not unexpected in some shape or form,” Thompson said. “But to have this number of related incidents is unusual.”
Thompson said they believe the incidents of graffiti are related because of the type and style of writing, along with the blue, red and yellow paint used throughout the area.
“We look at the styles of writing and the damage they did,” he said. “It was all consistent.”
There were damages and scribbles on many of properties, and Thompson said on a few there were references in the graffiti he did not comment on.
Thompson said a detective has a couple of leads on the case, but they are still looking for any other information the public can supply.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- CE: Another 3-9 season, and both Enos and Heeke have to go! …
- Andy Villemure: I am looking for a KZ 900 block Z1E, that has not cracks tha…
- anonymous: Totally disagree on Heeke. Think he showed some real balls i…
- Amy Easton: Please let me know your lessons learned, how you organized t…
- Pete: I thought Central won a bowl game this year??? The program …
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here