Chevy truck flips over near Deerfield Road, no reported injuries
A dark-colored 2002 Chevy truck flipped on its back in a residential yard heading north on Silver Berry Drive, near Deerfield Road, around 10:30 p.m. Sunday evening.
As the road curved to the left, tire marks showed where the driver lost control and flipped in the ditch.
Resident of the home where the car was flipped is Sarah Lau, who said she didn’t hear or see the car flip but went outside as soon she saw the commotion.
“I just saw cops fly down the street really fast,” she said.
The driver was questioned by Michigan State Police for more than an hour and dogs were on the scene. Police declined comment.
The driver explained by saying: “I went to a Lions game, met strangers from CMU and got in the car.” Police would not let the man be questioned further.
No one appeared to be injured and the driver was the only one involved in the accident.
Around 10:30 p.m., Fenton senior Andrew Harris said he was sitting in his home on Silver Berry Drive and heard multiple cop cars and fire trucks rushing to the scene.
Lau said there is a problem of people driving too fast through the residential area and she is concerned for the safety of the residents nearby.
“There are tons of kids here, some under the age of five,” she said. “Obviously (the driver) was going too fast.”
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- bridesmaids: Very good info. Lucky me I recently found your blog by chanc…
- 66Chip: I certainly agree with the purpose of CCAP, which states tha…
- josh: I'm looking for a 98 to 2006 Suzuki katana frame with clean …
- Sherryl Morris: Hi, I am looking for a gas tank that may fit a 1980 Yamaha S…
- : Judge yourself first. …
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here