Police hand out less citations than expected during MSU vs. CMU weekend
Police officers throughout Isabella County said Michigan State weekend festivities were not as rowdy as they expected.
In total, 141 citations were handed out this weekend throughout the area.
Thursday through Saturday, Mount Pleasant Police Department handed out 49 minor in possession citations, four were taken to jail and 66 open intoxication citations.
The Central Michigan University Police Department handed out even fewer, with 24 MIPs given out over the weekend, 10 of those were given out at the game Saturday.
Undersheriff John Tellis of the Isabella County Police Department said although it was a busy weekend, they only wrote only two citations for MIPs.
Although the MPPD handed out the most tickets, Public Information Officer Jeffery Thompson said a lot could have gone wrong with the number of people in town for the game, but nothing really got out of hand.
“We planned for a lot worse and I think it was because of that planning that nothing got out of hand,” he said. “I don’t recall us having any major incidents at the game or after.”
CMU Police Chief Bill Yeagley said that while it was an active weekend, the CMU Police Department planned for more people to be in the city.
“We expected larger crowds than we had,” Yeagley said.
Likewise, Isabella County Sheriff Leo Mioduszewski said although his department kept busy throughout the weekend, he was happy with the outcome.
“We kind of planned for the worst, but things went better than we anticipated,” he said. “The people at the game and afterward, for the most part, were pretty cooperative.”
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- Marty: Hi I am searching for a Honda rear wheel hub,shaft drive (d…
- Karen Ohneck: Scott you are awesome I have known you for8 yrs. These kids …
- Samantha: Go Kirsten!!!! U are my mentor and I hope u will come back t…
- Hannah McCalister: I disagree with your statement. This was a great article and…
- Jason: Maybe it's just me, but I've never done anything this shorts…
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here