Program Board readies for Last Comic Standing winner Iliza Shlesinger this weekend
Central Michigan University’s Program Board will be bringing in stand up comedian Iliza Shlesinger to Platcha Auditorium this Saturday.
Shlesinger will be performing at 7 p.m. Saturday night in Warriner Hall’s Plachta Auditorium. Admission is free.
Shlesinger is the winner of the sixth season of Last Comic Standing, and is distinguished as not only the first woman to win the popular reality TV program, but also is the youngest winner of the show. Shlesinger is also the host of the syndicated dating show “Excused.”
Chelsea Kesller, Program Board public relations director, said Shlesinger’s position as the youngest winner of Last Comic Standing is especially relatable to students.
“Iliza might have a major impact on students,” Kesller said. ” I believe her story tells students to follow their dreams, that their ambitions are possible.”
Kessler said they decided to bring Lliza to CMU because of her unique story.
” We were planning to just show some type of comedy,” Kessler said. “But we decided to broaden that and find someone who students would relate too.”
Although Program Board does not have any specific estimations for the amount of students who will attend, due to student interest, they do anticipate a full house.
“There has been a high amount of interest,” Kessler said. “We’ve met with a lot of students who have said they are very excited for the event.”
Program Board adviser Damon Brown said the group believes that Shlesinger’s experience with Last Comic Standing makes her popular among students.
“She had a successful run on (that show),” Brown said. “We are allowing her to capitalize on that experience, and we feel that experience makes her well known to students as well.”
Brown said Shlesinger is a continuation of the high-profile comedians that Program Board has continued to bring in.
“We always try to bring in comedians that are successful,” he said. “We want to bring in comedians who have big names. We feel that Iliza brings that to the stage.”
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- : no, this girl is insane. i went to high school with her. she…
- irish8517: While rate my professors is a valuable tool it should be tak…
- michmediaperson: Shapiro is wrong. Isn't RateMyProfessor, the report card st…
- Kellie: We miss miss you Carolyn. You still are remember on the socc…
- anonymous: I know this girl was in the wrong, but, put yourself in her …
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here