SGA to hold elections for nine new senators Monday
The Student Government Association will be holding Senate elections on Monday to fill nine vacant seats during their general board meeting.
The open seats, which will represent business colleges, health professions and graduate students, respectively, will be filled through a general board election. According to a news release released issued by SGA, students interested should come to the meeting prepared to give a short speech to SGA officials. Student interest so far has been high, said Senate Leader Michelle Vanhala.
“We’ve had a good amount of interest,” said the Big Rapids senior. “We held a meeting a short time ago where over 30 students expressed interest in SGA positions. Of course, some of those were interested in the house but a high number were interested in Senate positions.”
Vanhala said none of the previous senators resigned on bad terms.
“The resignations were due to personal reasons,” Vanhala said. “SGA is a big-time commitment, and we need people dedicated to putting the time in and making a difference on campus.”
Even though the nine open Senate seats specifically represent business colleges, health processions and graduate students, Vanhala said anyone interested should apply.
“If you are an English major, that does not mean you shouldn’t apply,” Vanhala said. “It just means that you have to make the argument that you can represent those specific portions of our community. If need be, I am also opening to moving seats around so that you represent a college that is appropriate to you. We want everyone to feel welcome to apply.”
SGA President Justin Gawronski, a Macomb senior, said increased student participation is crucial for SGA’s success.
“We need our members to be excited about SGA and what we’re doing,” Gawronski said during the last Monday’s SGA meeting. “We’re hoping for a high turnout of people interested in these positions.”
Those who are interested in running should contact Vanhala at email@example.com.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- xe yamaha,xe may yamaha,xe máy yamaha,yamaha,gia xe yamaha,giá xe Yamaha,tim xe may Yamaha: Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wished…
- Samantha: Go Kirsten!!!! U are my mentor and I hope u will come back t…
- Hannah McCalister: I disagree with your statement. This was a great article and…
- Jason: Maybe it's just me, but I've never done anything this shorts…
- : no, this girl is insane. i went to high school with her. she…
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here