Students appreciate Halloween stores opening early
Although the fall season is blooming more and more everyday, some Halloween stores took the initiative to open while people were still in summer vacation mode.
While it is more than a month away until Oct. 31, stores are already open looking to sell decorations and costumes. Spirit Halloween, 2135 S. Mission St., opened last Friday, and manager Jodi Cantu said the store has been busy every day since.
“This is actually our first year in Mount Pleasant,” Cantu said. “We had a lot of great sales that lead to a good turnout, even though Halloween is far away.”
Grand Rapids native Christy Stauffer said she enjoys Halloween stores being open with a lot of time prior to Halloween.
“I don’t think it’s that bad because I don’t even know what I want to be for Halloween yet,” the junior said. “If I can walk around and look at all the costumes, I can start brainstorming.”
Cantu said Spencer’s Gifts owns Spirit Halloween and its corporate offices determine where and when its stores open.
“We had a specific age market so that’s why we decided to open a location here in Mount Pleasant,” she said.
Cantu said compared to other Spirit Halloween locations, people seem to come in at a steady pace to buy Halloween costumes whether it’s in advance or right before Halloween.
“I think we have (many people) at both times,” she said. “I think people come in the minute it opens because they love the holiday, and then there’s the people who wait and bombard us.”
Kate Teneyck agrees and doesn’t find it out of the ordinary for Halloween stores to be open already.
“I usually make my costumes but I go to the store to get ideas,” the Sault Ste. Marie freshman said. “The fact they’re open right now offers more ideas before all the costumes are gone.”
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- : no, this girl is insane. i went to high school with her. she…
- irish8517: While rate my professors is a valuable tool it should be tak…
- michmediaperson: Shapiro is wrong. Isn't RateMyProfessor, the report card st…
- Kellie: We miss miss you Carolyn. You still are remember on the socc…
- anonymous: I know this girl was in the wrong, but, put yourself in her …
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here