COLUMN: Finding a Happy “Medium”
How do we say goodbye to the ones we love? How can we come to grips with never seeing someone we care about ever again?
I have a hard time thinking about death and life after death because I have been lucky enough to have not yet lost someone that is close to me.
While experiencing what was probably close to the laziest Sunday I have ever had, I got wrapped up on the couch watching a marathon of the show “Long Island Medium” on TLC. It is about a lady who can communicate with the dead. She can be anywhere at anytime and people that have passed on will talk to her and tell her to let their family and friends know that they are okay or handle unfinished business.
It seriously blows my mind that she can be in the middle of a public place and feel spirits so heavily that she has to stop people and tell them their loved ones are trying to contact them.
I know, you are probably thinking that this show is crap and it is a staged show and I am just gullible. But, she knows things that only that person who has passed would know and when the loved ones react it is always tearful and intimate.
Some people think that spirits or souls cannot be seen or heard.
I have always been a believer, but this show made me even more interested in what can happen.
Death is a fear of mine because the unknown is a scary thought. I am so incredibly close with my family and it scares me everyday to know that one day I won’t be able to pull out my cell phone or stop over and hear their voices.
The fact that some people have the talent to hear and interpret voices from those who have passed on is truly amazing to me. If you have an extra half hour sometime, I suggest turning on “Long Island Medium” and seeing what it’s all about, because if you’re afraid like me you might find it reassuring to know that it’ll all be okay in the end.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- CE: Another 3-9 season, and both Enos and Heeke have to go! …
- Andy Villemure: I am looking for a KZ 900 block Z1E, that has not cracks tha…
- anonymous: Totally disagree on Heeke. Think he showed some real balls i…
- Amy Easton: Please let me know your lessons learned, how you organized t…
- Pete: I thought Central won a bowl game this year??? The program …
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here