Phone scammer claims to be Microsoft
Phone scammers in Isabella County are calling and claiming to be Microsoft in order to get access to personal information.
Isabella County Sheriff Leo Mioduszewski said his department has received calls from two concerned individuals reporting the incident.
A phone scammer may call and claim the security features on your computer were recently compromised, Mioduszewski said. The caller offers to fix the computer free of charge if given remote access to your computer.
However, if this information is made available a scammer will be able to access everything on your computer, including personal information, passwords, bank records and more.
Mioduszewski said there will be no harm done as long as residents don’t give the caller any personal information.
“No crime is committed until you give them information to access your computer,” he said. “Hang up once you get a call and that way you won’t be compromised.”
He said to remember that if Microsoft had a concern, the company will not call in order to get access to your computer.
“If it’s too good to be true it probably is,” he said.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- bridesmaids: Very good info. Lucky me I recently found your blog by chanc…
- 66Chip: I certainly agree with the purpose of CCAP, which states tha…
- josh: I'm looking for a 98 to 2006 Suzuki katana frame with clean …
- Sherryl Morris: Hi, I am looking for a gas tank that may fit a 1980 Yamaha S…
- : Judge yourself first. …
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here