Deerfield crash kills Port Huron man, hospitalizes Casco man
One man is dead and his passenger is hospitalized following a rollover accident Tuesday morning in Union Township.
Jeffrey Allen Brennan, 42, of Port Huron died after his 2003 GMC Sierra pickup ran off the left side of the road and rolled into a corn field near East Deerfield Road between 2 a.m. and 7 a.m. Tuesday, according to a news release from the Isabella County Sheriff’s Department.
Neither occupants wore a seatbelt and both were ejected from the truck as it rolled into a cornfield, the release said.
Brennan was pronounced dead at the scene.
Casco resident Nathan Duane Myers, 27, was transported by ambulance to McLaren-Central Michigan and later airlifted to Hurley Medical Center in Flint. His status is unknown.
The accident remains under investigation and Isabella County Sheriff Leo Mioduszewski said a specific time of the accident is unknown at this point because the truck came to rest 15 to 20 yards from the road in a field with standing corn. Traffic on the road at dark was not able to see into the field until daylight. Mioduszewski said it’s unknown if alcohol was a factor in the accident.
“Until the autopsy’s done, we’re not going to know if alcohol was a factor,” Mioduszewski said.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- Marty: Hi I am searching for a Honda rear wheel hub,shaft drive (d…
- Karen Ohneck: Scott you are awesome I have known you for8 yrs. These kids …
- Samantha: Go Kirsten!!!! U are my mentor and I hope u will come back t…
- Hannah McCalister: I disagree with your statement. This was a great article and…
- Jason: Maybe it's just me, but I've never done anything this shorts…
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here