Pumpkin treats available throughout Mount Pleasant
As the new season falls upon us, some students indulge in the pumpkin goodies around town.
Advancing to the colder climate, the pumpkin flavor seems to meet the demands of many taste buds.
Main contributors to the exciting flavor are the nearby cafés but joining in on the trend, McDonald’s fast food restaurant sells pumpkin pies exclusively for the season.
Caro freshman Nick Beecher has yet to miss out on these pies.
“When the pumpkin pies come out, I always buy them. They are good and cheap,” Beecher said. “I would definitely choose the pumpkin pies over the apple pies any day.”
Not only has the edible, fruit-borne pumpkin been incorporated into a pie, it has also been expanded into a flavor that is widely known throughout different treats.
In particular, Kaya Coffee House, 1029 S. University Ave., sells their pumpkin muffins for $1.
Kaya Manager and Remus senior Elly Cotton explains the impact of the seasonal changes.
“Everybody gets in the mood for something pumpkin or that tastes like fall when it gets more crisp outside,” Cotton said. “The weather has definitely brought in more business. We make the muffins fresh daily and they go great with our caramel apple cider.”
Every September, people line up to purchase Starbucks blended pumpkin spiced latte.
According to a Pinckney freshman Taylor Mite, it’s a sign of fall if Starbucks pumpkin spice latte is on the market.
“I have already bought a couple pumpkin spiced lattes,” Mite said. “The pumpkin spice is my all time favorite latte. It is one of the main reasons of why I love this season.”
Saline freshman Stacey Stevens prefers her pumpkin supplement in a breakfast form.
The International House of Pancakes, 5245 E. Pickard St., sells their recurring pumpkin pancakes that are topped off with whipped cream.
“I love pumpkin and I love pancakes. The pumpkin pancakes at IHOP are the perfect combination,” Stevens said. “The whipped cream on top gets me every time.”
Also adding a bit of autumn to their menu, Dairy Queen, 210 S. Mission St., is preparing to release their pumpkin pie blizzard.
“The pumpkin pie blizzard is very popular. A bunch of people look forward to it and are already asking for it, especially the people that work here,” Dundee senior and manager Chelsea Theurer said. “This blizzard is a fall classic that no one should miss out on.”
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- : no, this girl is insane. i went to high school with her. she…
- irish8517: While rate my professors is a valuable tool it should be tak…
- michmediaperson: Shapiro is wrong. Isn't RateMyProfessor, the report card st…
- Kellie: We miss miss you Carolyn. You still are remember on the socc…
- anonymous: I know this girl was in the wrong, but, put yourself in her …
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here