Frank Warren of Post Secret coming to CMU Tuesday
Program Board’s lecture chair Jon Milliman said he thinks Post Secret creator Frank Warren can provide interesting insight to Central Michigan University students.
“Going through college, we have a lot of things that we keep hidden, that we don’t talk about,” the Bronson senior said. “Frank Warren gives college students an opportunity to let all that go.”
Warren will be speaking in Warriner Hall’s Plachta Auditorium at 7 p.m.
Post Secret, a website that asks completely anonymous individuals to decorate a post card and portray a secret by which they have never revealed before, was created by Warren in 2005.
The website has experienced incredible popularity since and was previously ranked as one of the top 10 most popular websites in 2008 among female users.
The show will be part of Warren’s college lecture series on the topic of the many secrets we keep as a society.
Milliman said the audience members will get a card, with Warren’s address on it, where they would be able to send anonymous secrets of their own.
“Not only does Frank Warren have an interesting website, he is also a great motivational speaker,” Milliman said. “I think that his message is equally as challenging as he is inspiring.”
Milliman said Warren’s Post Secret project was used as the inspiration for The All-American Reject’s music video for “Dirty Little Secrets,” who will be also be coming to campus on Oct. 14.
Oxford junior Chelsea Kessler said expectations from students have been high.
“I think we have had a really good level of student interest,” Kessler said. “Frank Warren has a large following among college students.”
Kessler said Program Board has been running their own dirty secret campaign, asking students to send in secrets of their own to Program Board. Program Board will draw one secret before the show, and the winner will be able to meet with Warren after the show.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- Marty: Hi I am searching for a Honda rear wheel hub,shaft drive (d…
- Karen Ohneck: Scott you are awesome I have known you for8 yrs. These kids …
- Samantha: Go Kirsten!!!! U are my mentor and I hope u will come back t…
- Hannah McCalister: I disagree with your statement. This was a great article and…
- Jason: Maybe it's just me, but I've never done anything this shorts…
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here