CNN contributor and former Clinton adviser Paul Begala coming to CMU on Oct. 25
CNN political contributor Paul Begala will visit Central Michigan University at 7 p.m. on Oct. 25 to discuss the 2012 election season and its impact on policy.
The political science department will host Begala’s speech at “2012 Elections: Today’s Issues and Tomorrow’s Ramifications,” an event arranged by the department, in Anspach 161. The event is open to the public and is free.
Begala has made his name as a liberal political commentator on television and as a big-name political adviser to Democratic political groups and candidates, including former President Bill Clinton.
He will speak about his experiences in the political and cable news worlds and about the issues facing voters for the Nov. 6 election for about 45 minutes and will follow that up with a 45-minute question-and-answer session, College of Humanities and Social and Behavioral Sciences Executive Secretary Kay Purtill said.
“Since it’s free and open to the public, we really encourage anybody to come out and talk about his time at CNN or with the Clinton administration,” Purtill said.
Begala is perhaps best known for co-hosting and giving the liberal perspective to Crossfire, CNN’s former political debate program that pitted him and conservative commentator Tucker Carlson against each other. He frequently appears on “The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer” and on CNN’s live election night specials.
He also served as Clinton’s chief strategist in his campaign against President George H. W. Bush in 1992 and served as one of his main political advisers during his time in office.
Begala also advises the pro-President Barack Obama super PAC Priorities USA Action.
In addition, Begala contributes columns to Newsweek and The Daily Beast and is the author or co-author of five books, including two books he wrote with fellow CNN contributor and former Clinton adviser James Carville. A book signing will immediately follow the event at 8:30 p.m. outside the auditorium.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- bridesmaids: Very good info. Lucky me I recently found your blog by chanc…
- 66Chip: I certainly agree with the purpose of CCAP, which states tha…
- josh: I'm looking for a 98 to 2006 Suzuki katana frame with clean …
- Sherryl Morris: Hi, I am looking for a gas tank that may fit a 1980 Yamaha S…
- : Judge yourself first. …
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here