Many Advisers Joined under One Roof Night 2012 in Bovee UC tonight
Representatives from every college will be available for students when Central Michigan University hosts Many Advisers Joined under One Roof Night 2012.
Advisers from all the departments at the university will be meeting in the Bovee Center Rotunda on Wednesday from 5:30 to 7 p.m.
“It’s primarily designed for kids who don’t have a major or are still deciding,” Towers Academic Adviser Lynne L’Hommedieu said. “It makes it convenient so they can ‘shop’ for a major, because all of the departments are there.”
According to L’Hommedieu, the event will have a very lively but informative atmosphere.
“Each department will have a table with signs, and people will be going around helping students find the major they want to talk about,” L’Hommedieu said. “Students can just walk around and take their time talking to the faculty.”
L’Hommedieu said many of the departments bring materials to hand out and have displays that show what the major does.
General academic advising will be available from 3:30 to 5 p.m. for students who need help figuring out what else they need to take for their major.
“Students are very conscious about how much money they are spending to go to school,” she said. “I think students worry that they are taking the wrong classes and that they want to make a decision about what major they are going to have.”
Spring semester registration opens Monday, and L’Hommedieu said she hopes students take advantage of this opportunity.
“If students come to MAJOR night, everything will be there in one place,” she said. “This is the only time we have it all year, so it’s the only time that finding a major will be this easy.”
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- xe yamaha,xe may yamaha,xe máy yamaha,yamaha,gia xe yamaha,giá xe Yamaha,tim xe may Yamaha: Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wished…
- Samantha: Go Kirsten!!!! U are my mentor and I hope u will come back t…
- Hannah McCalister: I disagree with your statement. This was a great article and…
- Jason: Maybe it's just me, but I've never done anything this shorts…
- : no, this girl is insane. i went to high school with her. she…
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here