Program Board pays $15,000 for Frank Warren, looks forward to All-American Rejects
PostSecret creator Frank Warren cost Central Michigan University nearly $15,000 to bring to Platcha Auditorium Tuesday night.
PostSecret, a website that asks completely anonymous individuals to decorate a post card and portray a secret they have never revealed before, was created by Warren in 2005. The website has experienced popularity since and was previously ranked as one of the top 10 most popular websites in 2008 among female users.
About 1,100 people attended the speech, making the event the second most popular event for Program Board so far this year.
Tickets for the Oct. 14 show featuring The All-American Rejects, Boys Like Girls and The Ready Set at the Events Center are still on sale at Ticket Central.
Tickets for students are priced at $15, $12 and $10. Tickets go on sale to the public Thursday and will be priced at $22, $19 and $15.
About 1,600 tickets have been sold so far for the conert, Program Board officials say.
Mark Fairbrother, Program Board vice president and Shelby Township junior, said Program Board has been receiving an overwhelming amount of popular feedback about the upcoming AAR concert.
“All-American Rejects has been the by far the most popular event Program Board has had this year,” Fairbrother said. “Students have been wanting a rock shows for years now, and they have been clamoring for tickets.”
Kinde senior and public relations chair Nicole Murawski said she expects ticket sales for AAR to pick up on the day of the concert, noting the positive feedback from students.
“Tickets are going to still be on sale the day of the concert,” Murawski said. ” B.o.B ticket sales really picked up the day of that concert, and we’re expecting the same with this All-American Rejects.”
Fairbrother said Program Board was excited by the large attendance, estimated at around 800, to Frank Warren’s show.
“We were estatic,” Fairbrother said. “We knew that it would do really well. People really gravitate toward his message.”
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- CE: Now that CMU has been eliminated, is there a way to end Jaks…
- Track Watcher: With a dismal showing at the MAC meet, you always want to be…
- john wood: I have a 99 kawasaki zrx1100 and I need a engine case for it…
- Marty: Hi I am searching for a Honda rear wheel hub,shaft drive (d…
- Karen Ohneck: Scott you are awesome I have known you for8 yrs. These kids …
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here