Taxicab driver hits scooter on Bluegrass Road
A 65-year-old Mount Pleasant women remains in serious condition after the scooter she was riding was hit by a taxicab Thursday on Bluegrass Road near Encore Boulevard in Union Township.
A statement from the Mount Pleasant State Police Post said the taxicab was traveling east on Bluegrass Road in the right lane when the driver noticed a person riding a mobility scooter directly in front of him in the road.
The taxicab driver, a 28-year-old Harrison man, said he tried to swerve and avoid the scooter, but was unsuccessful. The scooter and its rider were hit and the rider was thrown off the vehicle.
Sgt. White said charges are still to be determined and it is unsure why the rider was driving her scooter in the road.
“It’s still under investigation. We’re still trying to determine which way it would go,” he said. “We can’t think of any good reason for the scooter to be in the road.”
The rider is being treated at McLaren Central Michigan Hospital as the investigation continues. Alcohol was not believed to have been a factor in the crash.
Michigan State Police were assisted by the Isabella County Sheriff’s Department, Mount Pleasant Police Department, the Central Michigan University Police Department, MMR ambulance and the Mount Pleasant Fire Department.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- CE: Another 3-9 season, and both Enos and Heeke have to go! …
- Andy Villemure: I am looking for a KZ 900 block Z1E, that has not cracks tha…
- anonymous: Totally disagree on Heeke. Think he showed some real balls i…
- Amy Easton: Please let me know your lessons learned, how you organized t…
- Pete: I thought Central won a bowl game this year??? The program …
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here