Mount Pleasant man Blake Ketner arrested following armed home invasion in Isabella County
A Mount Pleasant man is in police custody following an armed home invasion Friday in Isabella County’s Wise Township.
The Isabella County Sheriff’s Department arrested 29-year-old Blake Ryan Ketner Friday night following a standoff with police. They allege Ketner broke into a home in the 9000 block of East Coleman Road and stole a handgun and possibly more firearms from it.
While Ketner was inside, the owner returned home, and a struggle ensued, ending in Ketner hitting the homeowner in the head with a handgun and running out of the home. The homeowner fired a shot at Ketner but did not hit him, police said.
Isabella County Sheriff Leo Mioduszewski said police were in the process of getting search warrants for both Ketner’s home and his mother’s home when his mother told police her son was at her home on the 8000 block of North Wise Road.
Police arrived to Ketner’s mother’s home at about 3 p.m, where they found Ketner had barricaded himself inside the home. Mioduszewski said police are unsure how long Katner was barricaded inside the home before they arrived.
With the assistance of surrounding law enforcement agencies, Ketner was taken into custody about 8:51 p.m. Friday. He has been arrested on five charges: home invasion first degree, assault with a dangerous weapon, larceny of firearms, assaulting/resisting/obstructing a police officer and felony firearm.
Ketner is currently being treated at McLaren-Central Michigan hospital for unidentified medical issues.
“It wasn’t police brutality,” Mioduszewski said. “It was medical. We had nothing to do with it.”
Ketner will be arraigned when he is released from the hospital in the next day or two, Mioduszewski said.
Mioduszewski said the victim was taken to Clare Community Hospital, where he received stitches for a head wound, and was then released.
The Isabella County Sheriff’s Department continues to investigate the situation.
The Isabella County Sheriff’s Department was assisted by Clare Police Department, Mount Pleasant Police Department, Shepherd Police Department, Saginaw-Chippewa Tribal Police Department, Michigan State Police, Coleman Police Department, Midland County Sheriff’s Office, Clare County Sheriff’s Office, BAYANET, Isabella County Emergency Services Team and MMR.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- xe yamaha,xe may yamaha,xe máy yamaha,yamaha,gia xe yamaha,giá xe Yamaha,tim xe may Yamaha: Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wished…
- Samantha: Go Kirsten!!!! U are my mentor and I hope u will come back t…
- Hannah McCalister: I disagree with your statement. This was a great article and…
- Jason: Maybe it's just me, but I've never done anything this shorts…
- : no, this girl is insane. i went to high school with her. she…
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here