Alumni Village offers food, entertainment, children’s activities before Homecoming game
Central Michigan University alumni will have an opportunity to reunite with old friends and tailgate for the Homecoming game Saturday at Alumni Village.
The event will be held at Rose Pond from noon to 3 p.m. and will include food and live entertainment. At 1 p.m., children’s activities will start, which include the opportunity to learn a CMU cheer, practice the fight song and try on an old CMU football jersey and cheerleading uniform supplied by the Museum of Cultural and Natural History.
Assistant Director of Alumni Relations Cindy Jacobs is organizing the event and said she expects a large crowd.
“We expect to have between 3,000 and 4,000 people, so we plan to have at least enough food for 3,500,” Jacobs said.
Each year, the alumni class celebrating its 50th anniversary is specifically invited and honored at the event.
“This year, we will be honoring the graduating class of 1962,” Executive Director of Alumni Relations Marcie Otteman said.
University President George Ross and Homecoming Grand Marshal and former CMU football head coach Herb Deromedi will also be joining in the festivities.
“Tailgating starts at 11 a.m., so some students will drop by the village then go back to their tailgating party,” Otteman said.
Jacobs said the Alumni Village will be an opportunity for alumni to reminisce on time spent at CMU.
“(The Alumni Village) is about bringing back memories and enjoying and reminiscing with faculty, staff and other alumni at CMU,” Jacobs said.
Alumni village will conclude at 3 p.m., and the Homecoming football game begins at 3:30 p.m. in Kelly/Shorts Stadium.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- CE: Now that CMU has been eliminated, is there a way to end Jaks…
- Track Watcher: With a dismal showing at the MAC meet, you always want to be…
- john wood: I have a 99 kawasaki zrx1100 and I need a engine case for it…
- Marty: Hi I am searching for a Honda rear wheel hub,shaft drive (d…
- Karen Ohneck: Scott you are awesome I have known you for8 yrs. These kids …
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here