Program Board pays $50,000 to bring The All-American Rejects, The Ready Set and Boys Like Girls to campus
Program Board paid a total of $50,000 for The All-American Rejects, Boys Like Girls and The Ready Set to come to Central Michigan University.
All three bands cost $50,000 combined, as they were part of a tour package. The bands were $25,000 less expensive to bring in than B.o.B and The New Boyz, who cost Program Board $75,000 combined.
The All-American Rejects, Boys Like Girls and The Ready Set played at the Event Center on Sunday night to an audience of about 2,300 people.
Mark Fairbrother, Shelby Township sophomore and Program Board vice president, said the group was pleased at how the show turned out.
“A lot of people were really surprised by how incredible Boys Like Girls were live,” Fairbrother said. “They also were surprised by how full to the brim the show was with entertainment. Nothing was cut short.”
Fairbrother said Program Board was definitely open to increasing the number of rock acts they bring to campus if students indicate they want more of the genre.
“We’re always open to considering new routes for us to take,” Fairbrother said. “When the students tweet us, when the students Facebook us and tell us that they want more rock shows, then we will work to bring more of those shows in.”
Port Austin senior and Public Relations Chairwoman Nicole Murawski said even though the attendance was lower than the previous B.o.B concert, she believed the atmosphere was just as great.
“We had a lot of people who worked the show tell us that this was the best show they had seen in years,” Murawski said. “The attendance numbers were not as high, but the people there had a great time. The atmosphere was really energetic.”
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- xe yamaha,xe may yamaha,xe máy yamaha,yamaha,gia xe yamaha,giá xe Yamaha,tim xe may Yamaha: Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wished…
- Samantha: Go Kirsten!!!! U are my mentor and I hope u will come back t…
- Hannah McCalister: I disagree with your statement. This was a great article and…
- Jason: Maybe it's just me, but I've never done anything this shorts…
- : no, this girl is insane. i went to high school with her. she…
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here