Volleyball team’s losing streak extended in upset to Buffalo
The volleyball team was looking to get back to its winning ways Friday night when it started a five-match road trip in Buffalo.
Unfortunately, Central Michigan came out of Alumni Arena with its second-straight loss in upset fashion against the Bulls (8-13, 2-7 MAC)
The Chippewas (12-7, 6-3 MAC) offense had a rough time getting going against one of the Mid-American Conference top blocking teams.
CMU was held to a .172 hitting percentage with 31 errors.
Despite the offensive struggles, four Chippewas had double-digit kills including sophomore outside hitter Kaitlyn McIntyre, who tallied 15 and senior outside hitter Lindsey Dulude, who had 12. Junior middle blocker Danielle Gotham had 11 and senior outside hitter Val DeWeerd had 10.
One bright spot on the night was junior libero Jenna Coates.
Coates led a defense that had 82 digs with a team high 32-digs – just two under her career and season-high for a single match.
The Chippewas have little time to dwell on their loss with a match against Akron at 5 p.m. Saturday.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- : no, this girl is insane. i went to high school with her. she…
- irish8517: While rate my professors is a valuable tool it should be tak…
- michmediaperson: Shapiro is wrong. Isn't RateMyProfessor, the report card st…
- Kellie: We miss miss you Carolyn. You still are remember on the socc…
- anonymous: I know this girl was in the wrong, but, put yourself in her …
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here