Blake Ketner, man charged with home invasion, pleads guilty to separate offense
A Mount Pleasant man recently charged with armed home invasion has pleaded guilty to a separate crime.
Blake Ryan Ketner, the suspect of a home invasion in Isabella County’s Wise Township on Oct. 12, has pleaded guilty to driving on a suspended license, his second such offense. Isabella County Prosecutor Risa Scully said he was charged with the crime in August.
Scully said the probation violation was filed against Ketner during the alleged home invasion, in which he stole fire arms from a home on the 9000 block of E. Coleman Road.
Ketner pleaded guilty to the charge of driving on a suspended license on Oct. 8, and was sentenced the same day.
According to a October 14 Central Michigan Life article, Ketner allegedly broke into the home and stole a handgun and possibly more firearms, police said.
While he was inside the homeowner returned home and a struggled ensued, ending in Ketner hitting the head with a handgun and running out of the home, police said.
Isabella County Sheriff Leo Mioduszewski said police were in the process of getting search warrants for both Ketner’s home and his mother’s home when his mother told police her son was at her home on the 8000 block of North Wise Road.
Police arrived to Ketner’s mother’s home at about 3 p.m, where they found Ketner had barricaded himself inside the home. Mioduszewski said police are unsure how long Katner was barricaded inside the home before they arrived.
With the assistance of surrounding law enforcement agencies, Ketner was taken into custody at about 8:51 p.m. Friday. He was arrested on five charges: home invasion first degree, assault with a dangerous weapon, larceny of firearms, assaulting/resisting/obstructing a police officer and felony firearm.
Scully said Ketner’s preliminary hearing regarding the home invasion is set for 8:15 a.m. Thursday before Isabella County Judge William Rush.
“It’s the very first step in the felony court process,” Scully said. “It’s nowhere near completion.”
Isabella County Sheriff Leo Mioduszewski said Ketner is currently lodged at the Isabella County Jail.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- xe yamaha,xe may yamaha,xe máy yamaha,yamaha,gia xe yamaha,giá xe Yamaha,tim xe may Yamaha: Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wished…
- Samantha: Go Kirsten!!!! U are my mentor and I hope u will come back t…
- Hannah McCalister: I disagree with your statement. This was a great article and…
- Jason: Maybe it's just me, but I've never done anything this shorts…
- : no, this girl is insane. i went to high school with her. she…
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here