Coach Dan Enos acknowledges football team’s poor defense
Head coach Dan Enos was visibly frustrated when asked about his team’s struggling defense following the 41-30 loss to Ball State Saturday,
“We have to play better,” he said.
The CMU defense, which ranks 11th in the Mid-American Conference, conceding 39.4 points per game, struggled throughout the game against the Cardinals.
BSU was 10-of-17 in third down conversions and finished six-for-six in red zone opportunities, scoring touchdowns on five of those possessions. Despite the struggles, Enos is optimistic things will improve.
“We have a vision and a plan of what we’re trying to do,” he said. “We’re going to stick to it and not waver from it. We’re going to continue to get better.”
CMU gave up 464 yards against the Cardinals, which is higher than its season average of 446.3 yards per game.
“If I could just say we’re going to get better on defense and it would happen, don’t you think I would have done that?” Enos said after the game. “Obviously, that’s not going to happen. So we’re working through it.”
Things might get easier for the Chippewas, who have played their first three conference games against Northern Illinois, Toledo and Ball State, the league’s top-three offenses.
“Ball State is a good football team,” Enos said. “They’ve beaten South Florida; (they) beat Indiana. They’re a top-rated offense in our league. They have fourth and fifth-year seniors all over the offensive line, and their quarterback is a veteran. They executed and did what they needed to do.”
CMU hosts Akron next weekend at Kelly/Shorts Stadium. After eight games, the Zips rank sixth in the conference in total offense.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- Hannah McCalister: I disagree with your statement. This was a great article and…
- Jason: Maybe it's just me, but I've never done anything this shorts…
- : no, this girl is insane. i went to high school with her. she…
- irish8517: While rate my professors is a valuable tool it should be tak…
- michmediaperson: Shapiro is wrong. Isn't RateMyProfessor, the report card st…
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here