Opperman to make $26,000 a year as member of Isabella Bank Board of Directors
Vice Chair of the Central Michigan University Board of Trustees Sarah Opperman took on a new role this summer as a member of the Board of Directors at Isabella Bank, where she will make $26,000 per year.
The term began July 1 and will continue until the corporation’s annual shareholders meeting in 2013, when she will be up for election for a three-year term. Her duties at Isabella Bank will include oversight of the corporation’s financial condition, policies and compliance with various banking rules and regulations.
Opperman will earn an estimated annual compensation of $26,000 – totaling $78,000 throughout the course of her 3-year term, if elected.
“I attend approximately two days of meetings per month,” Opperman said. “I also spend additional time reviewing materials in preparation for these meetings, and I am available for discussions with senior management and other board members.”
Opperman graduated from CMU in 1981, has previously served on the CMU Alumni Association Board of Directors.
In addition to her position on the Board of Trustees, Opperman operates her own public affairs consultancy and was inducted into the CMU Journalism Hall of Fame in 2006.
Despite her new commitments, Opperman says her involvement with CMU will be unaffected.
“I have been an active volunteer with CMU during most of my 30-plus year professional career, and that commitment will continue,” she said. “Withregard to my volunteer position on the Board of Trustees, I confirmed that the meeting dates of these two roles did not overlap through the next two years of meetings that have been scheduled before accepting the Isabella Bank position.”
Opperman said she is not concerned about having to balance all of her responsibilities, and values each organization and project she is involved with.
“All of us manage our professional, volunteer, personal and family priorities,” Opperman said. “All three are important to me, and I look forward to continuing to focus on Isabella Bank, other professional responsibilities to CMU and other volunteer commitments, and of course, to my family.”
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- CE: Another 3-9 season, and both Enos and Heeke have to go! …
- Andy Villemure: I am looking for a KZ 900 block Z1E, that has not cracks tha…
- anonymous: Totally disagree on Heeke. Think he showed some real balls i…
- Amy Easton: Please let me know your lessons learned, how you organized t…
- Pete: I thought Central won a bowl game this year??? The program …
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here