‘Rocky Horror Picture Show’ returns to the Broadway Theatre
Men and women in fishnet stockings will strut down Broadway Street this weekend.
For more than 30 years, Central Michigan University’s Alpha Psi Omega (APO) has brought “The Rocky Horror Picture Show” to the Broadway Theatre, 216 E. Broadway St.
Members of APO were cast earlier this month and will mirror different roles on the stages beneath the projector screen, incorporating nearly 40 CMU students, both involved in APO and also students unaffiliated with the group who signed up to participate.
Clinton Township senior Shannon Jones and senior Catherine Callahan have been working as the heads of the committee to put on the show.
“It’s a good time,” Jones said. “Who doesn’t like dressing up and watching and shouting? It’s a lot of fun.”
The movie, which holds an ‘R’ rating, will be shown at 8 p.m. and midnight Friday and Saturday. Tickets are $5 and are available at the door or online, while they last. APO will be selling $1 prop bags, containing a random assortment of things related to the movie, such as rice for the audience to throw during the wedding scene.
During the movie, audience members yell quotes and miss-quotes, creating an active experience.
Jones said the cast and crew has been preparing for the show by getting the word out, preparing prop bags and watching the movie repeatedly.
Shelby Township junior Kyle Burch said he is especially excited for the event because it’s performed downtown on the Broadway stage, rather than in CMU’s auditorium.
Earlier this week, each of the two show’s cast members spent one night rehearsing at the theatre before this weekend’s big show.
Jones and Burch agree the play is very important to APO, considering it’s the only performance the co-ed fraternity puts on throughout the year.
Revenue will be split between APO and the Broadway Theatre. Some proceeds also will go to the “It Gets Better Project,” APO’s philanthropy, Jones said.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- : no, this girl is insane. i went to high school with her. she…
- irish8517: While rate my professors is a valuable tool it should be tak…
- michmediaperson: Shapiro is wrong. Isn't RateMyProfessor, the report card st…
- Kellie: We miss miss you Carolyn. You still are remember on the socc…
- anonymous: I know this girl was in the wrong, but, put yourself in her …
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here