Criminal sexual conduct suspect found at Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort
A 52 year-old Kalkaska man has been charged on 15 counts of criminal sexual conduct after being found in Mount Pleasant’s Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort this weekend.
According to Kalkaska County Prosecutor Mike Perreault, the suspect, Jim Sarten, was arraigned and charged Monday on nine counts of first-degree criminal sexual assault and six counts of third degree criminal sexual assault.
Perreault said the incidents occurred over the last 10 years and that Sarten has three prior felonies.
The suspect had been held by police on a separate case while this investigation was going on, but he was released days before being charged on this case.
According to a Michigan State Police news release, troopers from the Mount Pleasant Post were contacted and informed the suspect was staying at a local motel in Union Township. When a check was made the police found the suspect’s motel room vacant.
Troopers contacted Tribal Police Department and a request was made to check the casino, 6800 E. Broadway Road, where the suspect was found sitting at a slot machine.
The suspect was arrested without incident and turned over to Michigan State Police Houghton Lake–Kalkaska Detachment.
The suspect was originally lodged at the Isabella County Jail; and was later moved to Kalkaska County Jail.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- CE: Another 3-9 season, and both Enos and Heeke have to go! …
- Andy Villemure: I am looking for a KZ 900 block Z1E, that has not cracks tha…
- anonymous: Totally disagree on Heeke. Think he showed some real balls i…
- Amy Easton: Please let me know your lessons learned, how you organized t…
- Pete: I thought Central won a bowl game this year??? The program …
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here