Rosebush man, 29, arrested for criminal sexual conduct suspect following three-day investigation
A 29 year-old Rosebush man has been arrested following a three-day criminal sexual conduct investigation.
According to a news release from the Michigan State Police, troopers from the Mount Pleasant Post identified and arrested the suspect at his residence in Rosebush without incident.
A search warrant was executed on the suspect’s home and vehicle to collect evidence related to the crime, police said.
The victim, a 23-year-old Mecosta woman, reported the incident to the Mecosta County Sheriff’s Department, which was then turned over to the Mount Pleasant Post after it was determined the incident occurred in Deerfield Township, Isabella County on or around Oct. 6, police said.
Police said the suspect was arrested on charges including first degree criminal sexual conduct (weapon used), unlawful imprisonment, criminal sexual conduct-assault with intent to commit sexual penetration and assault with dangerous weapon.
Michigan State Police Sgt. Sumpter said the weapon used by the suspect was a knife.
The suspect is being held in Isabella County Jail on a $500,000 bond. The arraignment was held in the Isabella Trial Court on Monday.
No photo of the suspect or additional information is available at this time, police said.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- john wood: I have a 99 kawasaki zrx1100 and I need a engine case for it…
- Marty: Hi I am searching for a Honda rear wheel hub,shaft drive (d…
- Karen Ohneck: Scott you are awesome I have known you for8 yrs. These kids …
- Samantha: Go Kirsten!!!! U are my mentor and I hope u will come back t…
- Hannah McCalister: I disagree with your statement. This was a great article and…
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here