Update: Man, 55, charged with murder of missing Mount Pleasant woman
John Douglas White, 55, 3303 S. Coldwater Road, was arraigned in Isabella County District Court Thursday afternoon and charged with open murder and first degree pre-meditated murder of Rebekah Jane Gay.
The murder occurred in Gay’s mobile home in Broomfield Valley Mobile Home Park.
Isabella County Sheriff Leo Mioduszewski said the sheriff’s department received a report about a missing person at noon on Wednesday. Mioduszewski said the murder happened Oct. 31 between 2 a.m. and 4 a.m.
A preliminary examination is scheduled for Nov. 8 at 8:15 a.m. Judge William R. Rush will hear the proceeding.
Gay was last seen at her home near M-20 near Coldwater Road around 6:50 a.m. Tuesday morning, according to a news release issued by the Isabella County Sheriff’s Office.
Her car was found parked behind “The Barn Door” at M-20 and Coldwater Road.
A news conference was held at 3 p.m. in room 320 of the Isabella County Building, 200 N. Main St.
Check back with cm-life.com for updates on this ongoing story.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- Hannah McCalister: I disagree with your statement. This was a great article and…
- Jason: Maybe it's just me, but I've never done anything this shorts…
- : no, this girl is insane. i went to high school with her. she…
- irish8517: While rate my professors is a valuable tool it should be tak…
- michmediaperson: Shapiro is wrong. Isn't RateMyProfessor, the report card st…
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here