LETTER: ICTC should offer rides to voters
For the last presidential election and previous ones, dating back to Jimmy Carter, the Isabella County Transportation Commission has offered free rides to the polls to students, the disabled, seniors or anyone else who wanted to vote in the presidential election, but no more.
Several organizations will provide volunteers to drive people to the polls. Commendable as these groups efforts are, they do not offer the professionalism, convenience and accessibility that ICTC does. Volunteers do not come with wheelchair lifts.
As a public service, ICTC should help those who want to vote and reinstate this policy. Everyone should be given the opportunity to vote, even those who don’t drive.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- Hannah McCalister: I disagree with your statement. This was a great article and…
- Jason: Maybe it's just me, but I've never done anything this shorts…
- : no, this girl is insane. i went to high school with her. she…
- irish8517: While rate my professors is a valuable tool it should be tak…
- michmediaperson: Shapiro is wrong. Isn't RateMyProfessor, the report card st…
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here