LETTER: Take back the Tap legislation important
I was very shocked when I picked up a CM Life newspaper yesterday and read nothing about Monday evening when Student Government Association passed the Take Back the Tap legislation, which supports a gradual phase out of bottled water on campus.
This has been passed now four times in the House and, for the first time ever, in the Senate.
The RSO Take Back the Tap on campus has worked extremely hard on this campaign and is ecstatic about SGA’s support.
If all goes well with Purchase and Contracting, CMU can potentially be the first university in Michigan to end the sales of bottled water on campus!
This will allow CMU to be a leader in sustainability with a very easy first step (drink out of a reusable water bottle) and join the other 60+ universities across the nation who have done so as well.
am very pleased with the hard-working Take Back the Tap students at CMU and the Student Government Association and confused as to why CM Life did not cover this sooner.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- Kellie: We miss miss you Carolyn. You still are remember on the socc…
- anonymous: I know this girl was in the wrong, but, put yourself in her …
- : What is the standing cement block structure going to be for?…
- 5k: Solved the case!! …
- : SOLVED THE CASE …
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here