Wesley Foundation planning ‘Pie a Bronco’ event, improv show Friday
Students can “Pie a Bronco” Friday at 7 p.m. as a way to get into the rivalry spirit.
The event is being put on by the Wesley Foundation. A show by After Hours Improv group will also go on during the event.
School Craft junior Abigail Parker is the hospitality manager at the church on campus and said the new idea was generated in hopes of people coming to the church and possibly coming back.
“It’s a way to let people know we are here,” she said. “It’s always fun to put whipped cream in someone’s face – especially a Western student.”
The cost to pie the opposing team is $1. Proceeds will benefit the Michelle Fitzgerald Latio Fund, a missionary in Grand Rapids. There is no cost to watch the improv show.
Parker said Fitzgerald is an alum from CMU that was involved in Wesley.
St. Johns senior Geoff Skyes said getting Western Michigan University students to participate in “Pie a Bronco” wasn’t too difficult. The church is offering the participants a place to stay for the weekend at the church.
“We are just trying to get our name out there. It’s a small organization looking to grow to generate interest and have people come see what it’s all about,” he said.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- john wood: I have a 99 kawasaki zrx1100 and I need a engine case for it…
- Marty: Hi I am searching for a Honda rear wheel hub,shaft drive (d…
- Karen Ohneck: Scott you are awesome I have known you for8 yrs. These kids …
- Samantha: Go Kirsten!!!! U are my mentor and I hope u will come back t…
- Hannah McCalister: I disagree with your statement. This was a great article and…
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here