REVIEW: ‘Catching Fire’ takes readers on adventure
Suzanne Collins made a name for herself after the successful launch of her New York Times bestselling book, “The Hunger Games.”
It tells the story of a heroic teenager, Katniss Everdeen, and her journey of fighting for survival when she takes the place of her sister as a tribute in the 74th annual Hunger Games.
The book was transformed into a movie that was a box office success and the sequel, “Catching Fire” which will also be a movie released in 2013, is definitely a must-read for any Hunger Games fan.
After District 12 tributes, Katniss and Peeta were arranged to go on a victory tour visiting each district. Katniss is threatened by President Snow to persuade everyone that her act of planning to commit suicide, by eating the poisonous berries, was only because she loved Peeta rather than a stunt of rebellion.
As if things couldn’t get any worse, the 75th Hunger Games has just arrived and this time, there is a catch. There will be a Quarter Quell where 24 past victors are forced to battle for their lives all over again. And take a guess at two of the lucky winners chosen?
Yes, Katniss and Peeta must repeat the games again and they are determined to survive and save each other like they did before. They join forces with an unlikely group of strangers and learn that they cannot succeed alone. Working together to make it out alive and overthrow the capital, “Catching Fire” takes the reader on an unforgettable ride.
Collins gives readers that same spark they felt when they read book one of the trilogy, leaving them hanging on every word and predicting what will happen next.
With a cast of new and old faces, Hunger Game fans will fall in love with new characters and learn the deep secrets of former ones. Collins does an excellent job at captivating readers by her creative imagination and will have them flipping page after page to see which victor makes it out alive.
I recommend this book for anyone who enjoyed the Hunger Games movie or loves a thrilling adventure story with an unexpected ending. This novel will not only have you rooting for your favorite tributes until the very end, but also have you feeling as if you are in the middle of the games fighting right next to them.
Collins has done it again and will leave you saying, “May the odds be ever in your favor.”
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- CE: Now that CMU has been eliminated, is there a way to end Jaks…
- Track Watcher: With a dismal showing at the MAC meet, you always want to be…
- john wood: I have a 99 kawasaki zrx1100 and I need a engine case for it…
- Marty: Hi I am searching for a Honda rear wheel hub,shaft drive (d…
- Karen Ohneck: Scott you are awesome I have known you for8 yrs. These kids …
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here