COLUMN: Every action has a reaction
A lot of people, myself included, say things they don’t necessarily mean. Typically, these things are instant thoughts and induced off emotion that happens initially without processing any real or well-thought-out feeling.
Saying something without any constructive feedback is pointless. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but why say something out of purely unintelligent background of the subject or situation?
For example, someone once commented on my column saying “quit complaining!” — totally valid thought, but how is that supposed to enhance my future writing or make me a better writer? If you don’t know me, know my situation and you are just simply reading it to complain to me about my first complaints, where is the logic? And isn’t that kind of hypocritical?
I’m a fairly optimistic person, and I love receiving commentary on my writing. I just want people to think about how they react and how it can actually say something about their communication.
If your boyfriend or girlfriend, for example, annoys you, do you say something out of initial frustration? Does that really get you anywhere in the grand scheme of things? I have challenged myself lately to hold back from saying things out of my first thoughts in my head and have tried to take into consideration my surroundings, knowledge of the person and my ultimate goal in the situation.
I love that we have a freedom of speech and are able to communicate freely with others through the way we place our words. But it’s best to keep in mind that your words are controlled by you, and, once you say them, they can’t be taken back.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- xe yamaha,xe may yamaha,xe máy yamaha,yamaha,gia xe yamaha,giá xe Yamaha,tim xe may Yamaha: Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wished…
- Samantha: Go Kirsten!!!! U are my mentor and I hope u will come back t…
- Hannah McCalister: I disagree with your statement. This was a great article and…
- Jason: Maybe it's just me, but I've never done anything this shorts…
- : no, this girl is insane. i went to high school with her. she…
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here