Mount Pleasant police believe string of larcenies are related
Mount Pleasant Police believe an increase of larcenies from automobiles throughout the area to be related.
Mount Pleasant Public Information Officer Jeff Thompson said due to the location of the incidents and their times, the MPPD is confident the cases are connected.
“As of today we have dealt with approximately 50 incidents,” Thompson said. “The reports have been from people leaving their cars unlocked, and in some cases the windows are being smashed.”
Thompson reminds people to lock car doors, remove valuables from cars and keep items out of sight. He asks the public to report any suspicious activity.
“We would rather respond to find that the report was unfounded than to not have gotten the call and another person becomes a victim,” he said.
MPPD is offering a cash reward for information that leads to an arrest and conviction of those responsible for or participating in these incidents.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- CE: Another 3-9 season, and both Enos and Heeke have to go! …
- Andy Villemure: I am looking for a KZ 900 block Z1E, that has not cracks tha…
- anonymous: Totally disagree on Heeke. Think he showed some real balls i…
- Amy Easton: Please let me know your lessons learned, how you organized t…
- Pete: I thought Central won a bowl game this year??? The program …
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here