Subway restaurant open in Towers, averaging more than 400 customers per day
The P.O.D. Market, complete with a Subway restaurant, opened Nov. 7 in the Towers.
Aramark employee Julie Burgan said the newly-opened Subway has had between 480 and 950 customers per day since opening. Based on the first week alone, expectations are high for years to come for the P.O.D. Market and its availability to students.
“(We intend) to continue to serve the dining needs of Towers residents while maintaining Subway’s national brand standards,” Burgan said.
Burgan confirmed about 60 students have been hired so far to work at the restaurant.
“Subway is the No. 1 brand that has surfaced on numerous surveys that Campus Dining has done over the past few years as to which brand students would like to see on campus,” Burgan said. “Because of that, Campus Dining investigated the possibility of opening a Subway on campus and made the recommendation to the university.”
Taco Bell was also popular on the survey handed out to students.
“Campus Dining investigated the possibility of offering Taco Bell,” Burgan said. “However, it was determined that opening a Taco Bell in the Towers was not possible.”
In July, a renovation of the C3 Convenience Store in the Towers began and added 700 square feet of space in order to install the restaurant. The date of completion was originally set to be Nov. 1.
John Fisher, associate vice president for Residences and Auxiliary Services, told CM Life previously the restaurant will not be considered a retail location.
“We won’t really get the on-campus traffic. That’s not really our intent,” Fisher said previously. “We’re excited about having a Subway on campus because it is a popular franchise with students. I look at it as another option for students and one that is probably seen in a favorable light.”
In addition to Subway, CMU offers on-campus food franchises such as Starbucks, Papa John’s Pizza and Quiznos.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- CE: Another 3-9 season, and both Enos and Heeke have to go! …
- Andy Villemure: I am looking for a KZ 900 block Z1E, that has not cracks tha…
- anonymous: Totally disagree on Heeke. Think he showed some real balls i…
- Amy Easton: Please let me know your lessons learned, how you organized t…
- Pete: I thought Central won a bowl game this year??? The program …
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here