Leading receiver Titus Davis probable for Saturday’s game
The Central Michigan football team should have its leading receiver when it takes on Miami (Ohio) Saturday at Kelly/Shorts Stadium.
Head coach Dan Enos said at practice Tuesday that sophomore Titus Davis is “probable” against the RedHawks.
“He came in Sunday better than we thought,” Enos said. “He did some stuff today, and we will see how he does tomorrow.”
Davis injured his ankle on the first play of last Saturday’s 34-31 win against Eastern Michigan. He tried to return to the game a few plays later but was clearly limited. He finished the game with just one catch for four yards.
In 10 games this season, Davis has 841 yards on 41 catches. He has also scored eight touchdowns.
Despite the probable label, Davis might have a limited number of plays on the field.
“We need to see where Titus is at the end of the week and how many plays he can handle,” Enos said. “I think it will be good to ease him back into it. Rather than giving him 70 plays, I think 25 or 30 plays would be better.”
If Davis is limited on Saturday, coach Enos and his staff can rest assured knowing that he has a more-than-capable backup in redshirt freshman wide receiver Andrew Flory, who caught nine passes for 118 yards in two touchdowns in place of Davis Saturday.
Enos said Flory will play more this week regardless of whether or not Davis is playing.
“We will probably get him in more, because he’s earned that,” Enos said.
In other injury news, senior lineman Jake Olson and senior linebacker Alex Smith have been ruled out for the rest of the season according to Central Michigan athletics. Both were hurt earlier in the season and have been out since.
Kickoff for Saturday’s senior day game against Miami is scheduled for 1 p.m.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- john wood: I have a 99 kawasaki zrx1100 and I need a engine case for it…
- Marty: Hi I am searching for a Honda rear wheel hub,shaft drive (d…
- Karen Ohneck: Scott you are awesome I have known you for8 yrs. These kids …
- Samantha: Go Kirsten!!!! U are my mentor and I hope u will come back t…
- Hannah McCalister: I disagree with your statement. This was a great article and…
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here