CAMPUS CLOSET: Thrift-store style steal
Bay Port senior Laura Stoeckle proves that being fashionable on a budget is possible. Stoeckle gets most of her clothes from the thrift store, Thumb Industries, that she is an employee at in Bad Axe on the weekends. Her other low-budget finds come from Target. All together her Monday morning outfit only cost $31, including accessories.
“I just buy what I like and what’s comfortable,” she said.
Her $15 jeans and $5 black tank top were just the basics to set the pallette for her outfit.
Although her $3 sweater has been worn before, Stoeckle said it’s new to her closet and was perfect for her day at work on Monday morning.
“I thought I found a great twist on the classic cardigan,” she said.
The sheer sleeves ruche at the shoulders adding a bit of sass and retro feel to a otherwise gray sweater vest.
To add more color to her outfit, she added a magenta jeweled necklace borrowed from a friend and $8 Target ballet flats with a silver toe.
Go-to accessory: ”A watch because it adds a pop of color to whatever you’re wearing. I wear the big watches that are really noticeable.”
Fashion inspiration: ”I don’t really pay attention to celebrity fashion so I think I just create my own style based on what I already have in my closet.”
Favorite color to wear: ”Earth tones like brown and tan. I have a lot of base colors. They’re neutral and go with anything. I don’t have a lot of standout-ish clothes because I would rather just accessorize.”
She loves to wear: ”A maxi skirt. I love that thing because it’s so comfortable, but still looks cute. Plus, if you wear a skirt, people are like ‘Wow, she dressed up today,” but really it’s just comfy.”
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- CE: Another 3-9 season, and both Enos and Heeke have to go! …
- Andy Villemure: I am looking for a KZ 900 block Z1E, that has not cracks tha…
- anonymous: Totally disagree on Heeke. Think he showed some real balls i…
- Amy Easton: Please let me know your lessons learned, how you organized t…
- Pete: I thought Central won a bowl game this year??? The program …
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here