FAMD volunteers to make stockings for families in need in the community
Self-proclaimed “Christmas freak,” senior Alexandra Mauro said she could not be more excited to create stockings for the Christmas Outreach Program.
The program helps suffering families in the community receive gifts during the holiday season.
“We make over 100 stockings to give to the families in need,” the Troy native said. “It’s important to help out the community during the holidays because holidays are family oriented and some people may not have enough to brighten their spirits, which is why we volunteer to help.”
Mauro is the president of the Fashion Association of Merchandising and Design at Central Michigan University, and they are hand-making stockings that will be filled with toys for kids and the necessities for adults.
Mauro said they iron, sew and lay out the different fabrics and textures they use to make the stockings. They are not just typical red stockings, they make them all different interesting patterns.
“It’s kind of like an assembly line. All the members each have a role and we work together,” Mauro said.
Treasurer Stephanie Kula said she would much rather spend her free time giving back during the holiday season rather than partying.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- john wood: I have a 99 kawasaki zrx1100 and I need a engine case for it…
- Marty: Hi I am searching for a Honda rear wheel hub,shaft drive (d…
- Karen Ohneck: Scott you are awesome I have known you for8 yrs. These kids …
- Samantha: Go Kirsten!!!! U are my mentor and I hope u will come back t…
- Hannah McCalister: I disagree with your statement. This was a great article and…
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here