‘It’s a Wonderful Life’ to hit the stage this weekend in downtown Mount Pleasant
The holiday spirit will hit the Broadway Theatre early this year.
“It’s a Wonderful Life” will be premiering on Friday at the Broadway Theatre, 216 E. Broadway St., kicking off holiday celebrations in the city.
In preparation, cast and crew have been running lines and last-minute details during the final days of production this week, producer Susan Sowamick said.
“It’s amazing to see something turn from nothing into something with such a short amount of time,” she said. “It just fascinates me. It’s a family event, and we currently have three generations of family working.”
Sowamick has been producing alongside her husband, and her daughter and mother even help out with concessions, she said.
“I’ve been with the Broadway program for about 10 years, and I enjoy seeing the program develop with just a few months of production,” Sowamick said.
Director Mark Carpenter said everyone is nervous pulling together the show in the final days of production.
“I am kind of of excited and nervous, and this is currently my third show I have directed,” he said. “There is always that Monday and Tuesday before opening night and everyone is nervous, and we always pull it together the last couple of days and put on an amazing show. So, right now, it’s just running around and putting details in order.”
Mark has also directed “A Christmas Carol,” “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” and has been an actor in several other plays.
“We had auditions in mid-September, and we have been going ever since with the play, so basically a couple of months,” Carpenter said.
The film originally hit the screen in 1946, starring James Steward and Donna Reed, with Frank Capra as director.
The show will open on Dickens’ Christmas Weekend in downtown Mount Pleasant, offering six productions starting Friday and continuing with a 7 p.m. showing Saturday and Dec. 7 and 8. There will also be a 2 p.m. matinée on Sunday, Dec. 9.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- CE: Another 3-9 season, and both Enos and Heeke have to go! …
- Andy Villemure: I am looking for a KZ 900 block Z1E, that has not cracks tha…
- anonymous: Totally disagree on Heeke. Think he showed some real balls i…
- Amy Easton: Please let me know your lessons learned, how you organized t…
- Pete: I thought Central won a bowl game this year??? The program …
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here