CMU website adds new features, scheduled website outage this weekend
Central Michigan University’s website has been updated to offer new features and increase usability and navigation.
In a Wednesday news release from the Office of Information Technology, changes to the site include the location of the department directory page tab and the “My Account” and CentralLink links. In addition, a link to budget and performance transparency ratings has been added, as mandated by a new state law.
One of the most noticeable changes to the website is the access to CentralLink. The link has been moved to the top right of all of the website’s pages, allowing students and staff to access CentralLink from anywhere on the website.
“Since these changes are visible enough, we thought we’d send people a note,” said Kole Taylor, manager of communications for OIT.
The department directory link has been named “Offices A-Z,” and has been placed above the search bar on the website, allowing quick access to any department’s webpage.
“These changes have been requested by people, and since they are changes that people wanted to see we thought we’d put them out there,” Taylor said.
The “My Account” link has been moved to the top right of all CentralLink pages. This change allows users to access their account from any page.
The budget and performance transparency reporting link will direct users to a webpage that will have access to the annual operating budget, audits and financial reports, collective bargaining agreements and campus security policies.
Taylor said OIT always has some sort of changes planned for the website, but most of them are behind the scenes.
“As far as visible changes, we do have some things planned, but those are long-term,” Taylor said.
Course registration, grade-related services and financial services will be unavailable for use this weekend as annual updates are made to administrative systems on the CMU website.
In addition, the “My Favorites” feature and the Student Quick View will not be available on CentralLink’s homepage.
CMU is required to make the updates in order to meet the governmental requirements for data reporting before 2013.
Affected services will be unavailable beginning at 5 p.m. Friday and will be restored before the start of the business day Monday, according to a news release from OIT.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- : no, this girl is insane. i went to high school with her. she…
- irish8517: While rate my professors is a valuable tool it should be tak…
- michmediaperson: Shapiro is wrong. Isn't RateMyProfessor, the report card st…
- Kellie: We miss miss you Carolyn. You still are remember on the socc…
- anonymous: I know this girl was in the wrong, but, put yourself in her …
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here