CMU football looks to improve 2-4 bowl record at Little Caesars Pizza Bowl
1990 California Raisin Bowl
San Jose State 48, Central Michigan 24
In the Chippewas’ first Division I postseason appearance, the Spartans had 642 yards of total offense, dominating CMU. Wide receiver Ken Ealy was named the MVP for the Chippewas with 161 receiving yards and three touchdowns.
1994 Las Vegas Bowl
UNLV 52, Central Michigan 24
It was more of the same during the Chippewas second bowl game, in practically a home game for UNLV. The CMU offense had four turnovers, including one fumble that the Rebels returned for a touchdown. With the score 14-10 UNLV after the first quarter, the Rebels went on a 42-0 run, putting the game away.
2006 Motor City Bowl
Central Michigan 31, Middle Tennessee State 14
CMU won its first bowl game with the help of redshirt freshman quarterback Dan LeFevour, who was named game MVP. Running back Ontario Sneed started the scoring with two first-quarter rushing touchdowns.
2007 Motor City Bowl
Purdue 51, Central Michigan 48
Curtis Painter threw for 546 yards, torching the Chippewas defense, but the CMU offense stayed with the Boilermakers until the Purdue kicker knocked in a 40-yard field goal on the last play of the game. CMU wide receiver Antonio Brown had a 76-yard touchdown from LeFevour to start the second half and sparked a third-quarter comeback from the Chippewas. The game was played in front of 54,113 fans in Detroit.
2008 Motor City Bowl
Florida Atlantic 24, Central Michigan 21
In LeFevour’s junior season, he threw for 253 yards and two touchdowns but again came just short of his and the program’s second bowl victory. Brown scored on a 72-yard reverse on the last play of the third quarter, but a flag brought the play back. FAU quarterback Rusty Smith threw for 306 yards and three touchdowns.
2010 GMAC Bowl
No. 25 Central Michigan 44, Troy 41 (second overtime)
In its fourth-consecutive bowl appearance, CMU, led by Brown and LeFevour, delivered the program’s second bowl win. Brown had a career-high 403 yards of total offense, including a kick return for a touchdown and rushing touchdown. He had 13 receptions for 178 receiving yards as well. LeFevour was named MVP again with 395 yards and 73 rushing yards.
2012 Little Caesars Pizza Bowl, Dec. 26
Central Michigan vs. Western Kentucky
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- xe yamaha,xe may yamaha,xe máy yamaha,yamaha,gia xe yamaha,giá xe Yamaha,tim xe may Yamaha: Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wished…
- Samantha: Go Kirsten!!!! U are my mentor and I hope u will come back t…
- Hannah McCalister: I disagree with your statement. This was a great article and…
- Jason: Maybe it's just me, but I've never done anything this shorts…
- : no, this girl is insane. i went to high school with her. she…
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here