CMU offers students stress relief during finals week
Students looking for some stress relief during finals week have plenty of opportunities all over campus.
One tradition CMU has during finals week to give students a break offered through the nonprofit organization Dog Tales.
Dog Tales, which has been coming to campus for the last 10 years, brings trained therapy dogs to each residence hall for students to visit with.
The goal of Dog Tales is to allow students to calm themselves and to de-stress so they are able to get back to studying with a refreshed mind.
On Sunday, the dogs will be visiting Calkins, Sweeney, Beddow, Saxe and Herrig halls between 6 and 10 p.m. On Monday, Dog Tales will make its final stop in Robinson, Trout and Larzelere halls between 7 and 10 p.m.
The residence halls are also hosting various events to help students triumph during finals week.
Barnes Hall will be continuing its yearly tradition of hosting a pancake dinner on Sunday. Residence Hall Director Luanne Goffnett said the pancake dinner “is a chance to take a break from studying.”
Barnes staff members will be making various types of pancakes in different locations throughout the residence hall.
Robinson Residence Hall Director Bridget Dunigan prefers her hall to take a more active approach to deal with the stress of finals week.
“The Sunday before exams we are doing a ‘pie your staff person.’ We also use it as a way to raise money for the Adopt a Family foundation,” Dunigan said.
Wheeler Hall provideed its residents with ‘Yoga/Study Tips’ on Tuesday night. Students were able to participate in yoga while learning valuable study tips to help them succeed.
Park Library will be extending its hours during finals week. Starting Sunday and continuing through Wednesday, the library will remain open until 2 a.m.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- CE: Another 3-9 season, and both Enos and Heeke have to go! …
- Andy Villemure: I am looking for a KZ 900 block Z1E, that has not cracks tha…
- anonymous: Totally disagree on Heeke. Think he showed some real balls i…
- Amy Easton: Please let me know your lessons learned, how you organized t…
- Pete: I thought Central won a bowl game this year??? The program …
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here