Mount Pleasant remains busy during winter months
The city of Mount Pleasant will still be bustling with events even after students take their last finals.
Business After Hours, an opportunity to speak with professionals from the area, will be held Dec. 12 at the Comfort Inn & Suites Hotel and Conference Center, 2424 South Mission St.
Chamber of Commerce Communications Coordinator Nicole Baer said CMU students should take advantage of the great networking tool.
“We encourage everyone to attend because it’s for people in the area,” she said. “If CMU students want to meet people who are leaders in the community this would be a great event for them to attend.”
The event is $5 for members and $10 for non-members.
After more than two years of planning and fundraising, the Mount Pleasant Discovery Museum, 5093 E. Remus Rd., is slated to open Dec. 27 to bring creativity, learning and inspiration to children throughout the area.
The museum is a nonprofit organization, dedicated to establishing a unique, hands-on education experience for children ages zero to 12.
The museum will engage varying ages and developmental levels through exhibits that will cover subjects ranging from math and sciences, world cultures, literacy, regional history and the arts.
The museum’s core values promote the importance of respecting children and providing them learning opportunities that occur in different, fun ways.
Mount Pleasant Convention and Visitors Bureau Executive Director Chris Rowley said community events bring people together.
“Certainly we love to have events,” she said. “We like to help promote those events to get the community involved.”
Also going on downtown this month are community events such as the Wheatland Music Organization, a presentation of the traditional arts, being held Saturday.
Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort, 6800 E. Pickard, will be hosting multiple concerts in December, including the American Indian Rock Opera, Brulé & A.I.R.O Dec. 21, R&B/Pop vocal icons Bobby Brown and Keith Sweat Dec. 27 and hard rock band Buckcherry Dec. 28.
On campus, the Herzber, Dew, Scheffler: Fall 2012 BFA Capstone Exhibition will be held Saturday in the University Art Gallery, and Trap Door Improv will perform at 8 p.m. and 10 p.m. in Moore 102 on Saturday.
For a full listing of events visit Mount Pleasant’s WOW site or CMU’s event’s page.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- Marty: Hi I am searching for a Honda rear wheel hub,shaft drive (d…
- Karen Ohneck: Scott you are awesome I have known you for8 yrs. These kids …
- Samantha: Go Kirsten!!!! U are my mentor and I hope u will come back t…
- Hannah McCalister: I disagree with your statement. This was a great article and…
- Jason: Maybe it's just me, but I've never done anything this shorts…
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here