Receivers Titus Davis, Courtney Williams among three players suspended for Little Caesars Pizza Bowl
Sophomore wide receivers Titus Davis, Courtney Williams and Defarrel Davis have been suspended by Central Michigan University for a violation of team policy.
It was announced late Sunday night that the trio would not be playing in the Little Caesars Pizza Bowl in Detroit against Western Kentucky on Wednesday.
“Our student-athletes operate in accordance with an established code of conduct,” athletics director Dave Heeke said in a statement. “They are held accountable for upholding those standards.”
Titus Davis and Williams are No. 2 and No. 3 on the Chippewas receptions list. Davis earned 860 yards on 43 catches and eight touchdowns this season while Williams brought in 24 receptions for 260 yards and two touchdowns.
Defarrel Davis has not seen playing time this season.
CMU will be playing in its fifth bowl game in seven seasons at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday against the Hilltoppers, who will be playing in their program’s first bowl game.
“We are looking forward to a great bowl experience for our program and fans and a great game against Western Kentucky,” Heeke said.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- CE: Now that CMU has been eliminated, is there a way to end Jaks…
- Track Watcher: With a dismal showing at the MAC meet, you always want to be…
- john wood: I have a 99 kawasaki zrx1100 and I need a engine case for it…
- Marty: Hi I am searching for a Honda rear wheel hub,shaft drive (d…
- Karen Ohneck: Scott you are awesome I have known you for8 yrs. These kids …
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here