CMED gains residency accreditation
Central Michigan University’s College of Medicine recently received additional accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education.
The ACGME is the largest organization in the nation responsible for awarding accreditation to residency programs and has granted five-year institutional accreditation to CMED’s residency programs associated with CMU’s Medical Education Partners: Covenant HealthCare and St. Mary’s of Michigan.
Residency education is a requirement for students during which clinical experience is gained. Upon graduation, students focus on a medical specialty during residency education in order to prepare for independently practicing medicine.
The accreditation was awarded because each institution demonstrated compliance with ACGME requirements and were not issued any citations.
Last February, CMED gained initial preliminary accreditation, and in December, the Liaison Committee on Medical Education, the national accrediting authority for medical education programs, voted to continue the preliminary accreditation process.
CMED is on schedule to open this summer and received 2,765 applications ahead of the Dec. 15 deadline. Sixty applicants will be accepted for the inaugural class.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- xe yamaha,xe may yamaha,xe máy yamaha,yamaha,gia xe yamaha,giá xe Yamaha,tim xe may Yamaha: Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wished…
- Samantha: Go Kirsten!!!! U are my mentor and I hope u will come back t…
- Hannah McCalister: I disagree with your statement. This was a great article and…
- Jason: Maybe it's just me, but I've never done anything this shorts…
- : no, this girl is insane. i went to high school with her. she…
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here