Gov. Rick Snyder appoints Bill Weideman to CMU Board of Trustees
Gov. Rick Snyder appointed the Dow Chemical Co.’s Bill Weideman to the Central Michigan University Board of Trustees Thursday afternoon.
Weideman is the executive vice president and chief financial officer of Dow Chemical and is on CMU’s accounting advisory committee and development board.
He will serve an eight-year term due to expire at the end of 2020. Weideman fills outgoing trustee Sam Kottamasu’s seat on the eight-person board.
“Bill is an outstanding, experienced professional,” Snyder said in a statement. “He has shown great commitment to Central Michigan University and I am confident he will do exceptional work in this role.”
University President George Ross praised Weideman’s appointment in a statement.
“We welcome the Governor’s appointment of Mr. Weideman who not only remains closely involved with his alma mater, but brings tremendous leadership and business skills, along with a keen interest in the personal and professional success of CMU students,” Ross said.
Weideman graduated from CMU in 1976 with a bachelor’s degree in business administration.
Keep checking cm-life.com for more on this breaking story.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- Hannah McCalister: I disagree with your statement. This was a great article and…
- Jason: Maybe it's just me, but I've never done anything this shorts…
- : no, this girl is insane. i went to high school with her. she…
- irish8517: While rate my professors is a valuable tool it should be tak…
- michmediaperson: Shapiro is wrong. Isn't RateMyProfessor, the report card st…
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here