Sunday morning car crash leaves one dead
The Isabella County Sheriff’s Department responded to a fatal car crash at 3 a.m. Sunday on N. Isabella Road.
Jeremy Allan Caldwell, 35, was traveling north on Isabella Road, just south of Vernon Road, when his 1994 Saturn crossed the road, entered a ditch and ended up striking a driveway culvert. The vehicle overturned multiple times before coming to a rest on its wheels.
Caldwell was ejected from the car and pronounced dead at the scene.
Isabella County Sheriff Leo Mioduszewski said the cause of the crash has yet to be determined.
“We don’t know if alcohol or drugs were a factor,” he said. “It typically takes three to six weeks for the toxicology report.”
Mioduszewski said fatal car crashes are not uncommon.
“We get them once a month or once every other month,” he said. “Especially in the winter time there is a little increase in fatal accidents.”
The sheriff’s department was assisted by Isabella Northeast Fire and Rescue and Mobile Medical Response.
The accident remains under investigation.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- Hannah McCalister: I disagree with your statement. This was a great article and…
- Jason: Maybe it's just me, but I've never done anything this shorts…
- : no, this girl is insane. i went to high school with her. she…
- irish8517: While rate my professors is a valuable tool it should be tak…
- michmediaperson: Shapiro is wrong. Isn't RateMyProfessor, the report card st…
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here