Beal City put on lockdown after mother vows to ‘level’ it
A Farwell mother, 37, has been arrested for threatening Beal City School personnel, forcing the school into a lockdown.
Beal City High School, 3117 Elias Road, went into lockdown around 9:10 a.m. Friday when the mother of a former student made threats to school personnel saying she was going to “level the building.”
“She was upset at the school,” Isabella County Sheriff Leo Mioduszewski said. ”Evidently, she was trying to get her daughter back there. The mother became irate.”
The woman was arrested and is currently being held at the Isabella County Jail. She will be arraigned Saturday or Monday, depending on the court’s decision, Mioduszewski said.
Mioduszewski said this type of threat is rare, especially in Isabella County.
“It’s uncommon when serious threats happen against schools,” he said.
The case remains under investigation by the Isabella County Sheriff’s Department.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- CE: Another 3-9 season, and both Enos and Heeke have to go! …
- Andy Villemure: I am looking for a KZ 900 block Z1E, that has not cracks tha…
- anonymous: Totally disagree on Heeke. Think he showed some real balls i…
- Amy Easton: Please let me know your lessons learned, how you organized t…
- Pete: I thought Central won a bowl game this year??? The program …
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here