Male suspect with ski mask involved in armed robbery on Mission Street
Police roped off a Mission Street check cashing store following an armed robbery that occurred around 12:22 p.m.
A male subject committed the robbery at Advance America, 1717 Suite B S. Mission St..
Tess Hartshorn, the assistant manager of The Salvation Army Thrift Store next door, 1717 S. Mission St., was walking by when the robbery occurred.
Hartshorn said she was in the Family Dollar on the other side of the check cashing store when a female employee ran over saying she was robbed.
“The owner was pounding on the window and said they were just robbed,” Hartshorn said. “I literally had to be within seconds of him being there.”
According to police, the suspect entered the building and took an undisclosed amount of money after showing a handgun. He fled north on foot afterward.
He is described as a roughly 30-year-old, Hispanic or white male. He is approximately 5 feet 9 inches tall with a medium build, wearing a black ski mask and black sun glasses. Police have said to not approach the subject and to call Central Dispatch at 989-773-1000 or the Mount Pleasant Tip Line at 989-779-9111 with any information.
The MPPD said in a news release it has no reason as of now to believe this incident is related to another armed robbery that occurred earlier on Saturday.
“At this time, we have no reason to believe that our community is at risk,” the release says.
This was the second armed robbery in the area in a roughly 12-hour timespan.
As previously reported by Central Michigan Life, a male suspect entered the Next Door Food Store, 2025 E. Remus Road, holding a firearm and demanded money from the cashier at approximately 12:05 a.m.
Upon receiving money, the suspect left the area in an unknown vehicle.
The suspect is described as a possibly white male with a dark complexion. He was wearing a dark coat with possible denim jeans. He is clean-shaven with dark, short hair.
The vehicle is described as possibly a dark colored, newer vehicle with a silver color front grille with lettering. The make and model are unknown.
The investigation is ongoing.
It was also the third armed robbery in the city this month. An armed robbery occurred Feb. 2 at the corner of Main and May streets, just north of campus.
Check back with cm-life.com for updates on this developing story.
Senior Reporter Shelby Miller and Managing Editor John Irwin contributed to this report.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- xe yamaha,xe may yamaha,xe máy yamaha,yamaha,gia xe yamaha,giá xe Yamaha,tim xe may Yamaha: Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wished…
- Samantha: Go Kirsten!!!! U are my mentor and I hope u will come back t…
- Hannah McCalister: I disagree with your statement. This was a great article and…
- Jason: Maybe it's just me, but I've never done anything this shorts…
- : no, this girl is insane. i went to high school with her. she…
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here