Central Michigan baseball loses both games in doubleheader against Louisiana-Lafayette
The Central Michigan baseball team dropped both games in a doubleheader against Louisiana-Lafeyette on Saturday.
The Ragin Cajuns topped the Chippewas 5-4 in the evening game and 5-3 in the afternoon.
Senior Patrick Kaminska pitched seven innings for CMU in the first game, giving up eight hits and five runs, striking out five batters and walking one.
The ULL got on the board first, scoring two runs in the first inning and tacking on another in the second to extend its lead to 3-0.
The Chippewas got the bats going in the fourth, loading the bases with senior Jordan Adams, sophomore Cody Leichman, and freshman Neal Jacobs all hitting singles.
Freshman Zack Fields drove in a run, followed by sophomore Tyler Huntey grounding out and bringing in Leichman to make the score 3-2.
The Rajin Cajuns extended their lead in the bottom of the sixth, scoring two more runs.
A double from Fields in the eighth inning brought in a run as the Chippewas looked to pull ahead, but the bats never got hot.
In the second game, CMU held a 1-0 lead until the seventh inning when ULL tied it up.
The game came down to the ninth inning with the Chippewas putting up three more runs to regain the lead.
But, the Ragin Cajuns weren’t about to let CMU get its first victory of the season and series and the it didn’t help itself either.
Sophomore Sean Renzi walked a batter to load the bases and also bring ULL within one run. A single to left field brought in two runs and another loss for the Chippewas.
Sophomore Jordan Foley pitched seven innings for CMU, allowing five hits and one run and striking out seven batters.
Coming into the eighth inning, Dylan Rheault gave up two hits and three runs before Renzi finished the game.
Sophomore Logan Regnier recorded two RBI for CMU with Adams and Fields earning one apiece.
The Chippewas will close out the four-game series against Louisiana-Lafayette on Sunday at noon.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- john wood: I have a 99 kawasaki zrx1100 and I need a engine case for it…
- Marty: Hi I am searching for a Honda rear wheel hub,shaft drive (d…
- Karen Ohneck: Scott you are awesome I have known you for8 yrs. These kids …
- Samantha: Go Kirsten!!!! U are my mentor and I hope u will come back t…
- Hannah McCalister: I disagree with your statement. This was a great article and…
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here