Armed robbery reported at check cashing store near Mission and Broadway streets, marks fifth holdup in three days
A fifth armed robbery was reported Monday afternoon at a check cashing store near Mission and Broadway streets, approximately 1.5 miles north of Central Michigan University.
At about 2:12 p.m., a Central Alert was issued describing the suspect as a Hispanic male with a black handgun. Police say he was wearing a dark coat, blue, white-striped athletic pants, black gloves and a blue and black, plaid baseball cap with ear flaps.
He is described as possibly 5 foot 7 inches or 5 foot 8 inches tall with possible chin hair.
The subject stole an unknown amount money from Cash Advance, 100 S. Mission St., before leaving the area, heading toward Broadway Street.
Two individuals were stopped off of Adams and Broadway streets and were promptly searched but were later ruled out, police confirmed.
“One of our officers made contact with them,” Mount Pleasant Public Information Officer Jeff Thompson said. “After a quick search and conversation with the individuals, we let them go.”
Thompson said the five incidents are believed to be related.
“We’re still chasing every lead we have, but for now, it is still the same suspect description,” Thompson said.
Police say if the subject is observed, do not approach him and contact Central Dispatch at 989-773-1000 or the Mount Pleasant Tip Line at 989-779-9111.
This marks the fifth reported armed robbery in Mount Pleasant since Saturday.
An armed robbery was reported Sunday night at the Subway located at 203 N. Mission St.
Earlier that afternoon, an armed robbery was reported at the Next Door Food Store, 1324 W. High St., a Marathon gas station.
On Friday, an armed robbery was reported at Advance America, 1717 Suite B S. Mission St., just after noon. Another reported robbery was reported at the Next Door Food Store, 2025 E. Remus Road, at 12:05 a.m.
This also marks the sixth reported armed robbery in the area this month. An armed robbery was reported Feb. 2 at the corner of Main and May streets, just north of campus.
Keep checking cm-life.com as this story develops.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- xe yamaha,xe may yamaha,xe máy yamaha,yamaha,gia xe yamaha,giá xe Yamaha,tim xe may Yamaha: Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wished…
- Samantha: Go Kirsten!!!! U are my mentor and I hope u will come back t…
- Hannah McCalister: I disagree with your statement. This was a great article and…
- Jason: Maybe it's just me, but I've never done anything this shorts…
- : no, this girl is insane. i went to high school with her. she…
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here