Jordan Adams, Nick Regnier prove consistent for CMU baseball on opening weekend
Jordan Adams began his senior year for the Central Michigan baseball team by coming up with some quality contributions at the plate.
CMU traveled to Louisiana-Lafeyette for the weekend, opening the season with a four-game series.
While, as a whole, the Chippewas struggled to get the bats going, finishing the series 1-3, Adams was not having any trouble in the batter’s box.
In his 18 at-bats this weekend, Adams recorded eight hits (.444).
“(Adams) had some explosive at-bats,” said head coach Steve Jaksa. “Just quality at-bats that put ourselves in a good offensive position.”
A home run by Adams to start off the third inning in Sunday’s victory brought him up to three RBI in the series against the Ragin’ Cajuns.
Sophomore outfielder Nick Regnier was also a big player for the Chippewas this weekend.
In 19 at-bats, Regnier had seven hits (.368), a double, two home runs and five RBI.
A three-run homer over the left field wall in the fifth inning from Regnier tied up the first game when the Chippewas trailed 0-3.
CMU went on to lose the game 12-6, but Jaksa said the home run was definitely one of the best moments of the weekend.
“I think both of those guys had good, consistent play,” Jaksa said. “And (the home run) was a strong step up, so that we had the opportunity to build on it. Things like that help all the guys feed off each other. I just hope we can keep having productive moments like that.”
Regnier’s other home run came in the ninth inning of the first game.
Putting runs on the board is what the game is all about, Jaksa said, and Adams and Regnier were instrumental in doing that.
“You never know what’s going to be key,” Jaksa said. “You just keep scoring and building that lead, and they helped do that a few times this weekend with their hits and RBI.”
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- john wood: I have a 99 kawasaki zrx1100 and I need a engine case for it…
- Marty: Hi I am searching for a Honda rear wheel hub,shaft drive (d…
- Karen Ohneck: Scott you are awesome I have known you for8 yrs. These kids …
- Samantha: Go Kirsten!!!! U are my mentor and I hope u will come back t…
- Hannah McCalister: I disagree with your statement. This was a great article and…
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here